Tuesday, September 14, 2010

That'll Show Her (Presumptuous Beeyotch)

A slice of life, Wahhabi-style, from "progressive" King Abdullah's Arab News:
HAFR AL-BATIN: You wan’t Eid presents? I’ll give you Eid presents! This was the sentiment expressed by a man in Hafr Al-Batin, Eastern Province when, according to Al-Yaum Arabic daily, he divorced his wife after she demanded Eid money and presents.
The paper quoted a marriage counselor saying divorces that occur during Eid tend to be a result of disputes over expenses or related to husbands traveling abroad without their families to celebrate Eid.
Saudi Arabian marriage counselor, huh? Let me guess: he "counsels" the woman to shut her gob lest her Lord and Master invokes the magic spell ("I divorce thee, I divorce thee, I divorce thee") and the poor chick (who has no say in the matter) is cast aside permanently.

No comments: