Saturday, December 11, 2010

Peto's P.O.'d Protector

In a letter to the National Post, Khaled Mouammar, head of the Canadian Arab Federation, comes to the defence of an "ASHamed Jew":
Jonathan Kay's column resorts to personality attacks and name-calling yet at no time challenges the academic findings of the thesis. Jenny Peto's thesis proposes that Israel and its apologists use the Holocaust inflicted on European Jews by Christians to justify the wiping of Palestine off the map.

Mr.  Kay's column also conflates Israel with Judaism by accusing anyone who criticizes Israel of being a self-hating Jews (sic). Ms. Peto is the granddaughter of a Holocaust survivor and she has learned that "never again" means that one cannot remain silent while Israel commits crimes against the Palestinian people.
Yawn. Like a broken record, he is. I believe the names of the entities committing crimes against the Palestinian people are "Hamas" and "Fatah," two outfits that, for religious reasons, cannot come to terms with the reality of Jewish Israel. But that's neither here nor there. Were I the granddaughter of a Holocaust survivor, and I had the likes of kooky Khaled Mouammar, for heaven's sake, rushing to my defence, I would be so mortified that I would be prompted to seriously question my worldview and the entire premise of my "academic" paper.

But, hey, that's just me.

4 comments:

Marky Mark said...

So if she doesn't believe in or observe the religion and also doesn't feel she is part of the overall community, what exactly is left for her to go on and on about being "Jewish" at the start of the "thesis?" Does she like chopped liver? Bagels? Barbra Streisand?

Blazingcatfur said...

Yea but Jkay has Mock in his corner - call this one a Mulligan;)

Unknown said...

As you wrote in your fantastic letter to Ed... to paraphrase you, something to the effect she is on the wrong side of right... Now see you and I would be mortified if the Khaled would be on our side, however people like Peto - her thrill is mortifying others, I would imagine...

Aykroyd said...

And anyone seriously expected Karen Mock to support an anti-Israel cause? Come on.