Monday, June 3, 2013

We're Only Human--and That's The Problem for One of the Jihadis in the Train Terrorism Plot

Yet again he's demanding to be judged according to the rule book handed down by a higher authority:
For a third time, terrorism suspect Chiheb Esseghaier urgently requested to be judged by “the holy book,” not the Criminal Code, an unorthodox demand delaying efforts to obtain a lawyer. 
Esseghaier, 30, appeared in Old City Hall Monday morning, an appearance arranged to progress his request for a lawyer through Legal Aid. 
But Esseghaier is still without representation because a lawyer who visited him in prison recently did not agree to Esseghaier’s demand to “change the reference of (his) judgment” from the Criminal Code to the “holy book.” 
“Excuse me, excuse me, excuse me,” Esseghaier, appearing via video, said forcefully to Justice of the Peace M. Conacher. “The last lawyer, he write and sign a piece of paper (that said) he cannot change the reference of my judgment.” 
At an appearance last month, Esseghaier asked for a lawyer who would use the “holy book” as a reference. 
“I wish that this lawyer will cooperate with me,” Esseghaier said on May 23. “I need the holy book as a reference for my judgment. I don’t want a book written by humans.”...
What a humanophobe! I hope they throw the book at him.

No comments: