Sunday, October 20, 2013

Thomas L. Friedman Out-Harpoons Harpoon

If you thought Harpoon's ideas about "Republicans" (booga booga!) were kooky, behold TLF's first person singular mishegas:
I’VE spent most of my career covering Middle East politics. I always thought it was its own unique field. But, in the last few weeks, I’ve felt myself to be at a real advantage trying to explain American politics. You see, it turns out that all those years covering Sunnis and Shiites, Israelis and Palestinians, tribal conflicts and “Parties of God” have been the best preparation for covering today’s Washington, D.C., and particularly the Tea Party. Seriously, you’d get a much better feel for Washington politics today by reading “Lawrence of Arabia” than the Federalist Papers. This is not good news.
Seriously, you'd get a much better feel for Thomas L. Friedman's mindset by reading Harpoon Siddiqui. That is not good news.

No comments: