Friday, May 16, 2014

Obama IS Brilliant--At Lying

Has any administration ever done it more profusely, more confidently, and with more impunity? Mark Steyn thinks not:
The thing about white lying is political in politics, is because if you start and you get away with it, it spreads to everything. I mean, if you can get away with lying on Benghazi, you can get away with lying on the IRS. And at that point, why would anyone think it’s a big deal when the President goes out on the road and says if you like your doctor, you can keep your doctor. If you like your plan, you can keep your plan. He’s gotten away with lies. And by the way, if you’re a citizen of this republic, and you say well, I don’t mind him lying on Benghazi because it’s some screwy town on the other side of the planet, what do I care, and I don’t mind him lying about the IRS, because I don’t make any political donations, so it’s not really my ballpark, and I don’t mind him lying about Fast & Furious, because I’m not some Mexican who’s been shot dead by some drug gang that got its guns from the United States Government, you’re not in a position to complain, then, when he lies about your health insurance, because you went along with all the other lies. And that’s why you have to stop this stuff at the first lie, because otherwise, they lie about everything, which is pretty much the state this government is in.
The thing about lying is the more you do it, the easier it gets. But, hey, it's not as though lying frequently and sans remorse is sociopathic or anything, right? ;)

No comments: